You cannot dream anymore of a "white Christmas." What could be more racist than that?
We've seen this show before. A Christian recording artist (or author) becomes very popular, reaching beyond a typical Church audience and becoming popular in the larger world. He (or she) is then asked about homosexuality and fudges the answer. In turn, the Church quickly condemns (him or her). Can we do better this time around?
Perhaps the most important question of the entire Bible is the question of Jesus' death, burial, and resurrection. To put it plainly: Did Jesus rise from the dead?
You've undoubtedly received backlash for your recent comments on homosexuality. Is this backlash merited? Let me first say that I am your fan. You've ministered to me on multiple occasions, and I trust you will continue to do so. For a while I played "Trust In You" every morning on my way to work. It was my post-devotional habit.
For some, even Christians, this time of year and the reflection it brings is not one of joy, happiness, and celebration, but one of loss and heartache. We think on friends and family we've lost, and sometimes we wonder why, or even what we could have done to prevent it. When we hear "Merry Christmas," it rubs salt in the wound and all we want to reply is "Bah Humbug!"
Why do Western nations seem indifferent to the often brutal and blood-soaked religious persecution happening now throughout the world?
When assessing the health of the local church, let's ask the right questions.
We are living in fickle times where fidelity in the broad sense of the word is no longer viewed as the essential component of marriage.
- Lauren Daigle on homosexuality: I can't say one way or the other if it's a sin, 'I'm not God'
- Stephen Colbert reveals what brought him back to Jesus from atheism, shares who God is to him
- 30 Christian Gift Ideas to Overwhelm a Person with God's Love!
- Anne Graham Lotz on finding strength in 1 Samuel 16:7 amid 'humiliating trauma' of losing hair to chemo
- Joni Eareckson Tada diagnosed with cancer again: I know God loves me
- Prison Break!
- Christian Evangelist Arrested in Turkey After Brunson's Release, Told to Leave Country
- Tebow Foundation Online Series 'The Movement' to Highlight Charity Work
- Texas Lesbian Couple Carried Same Baby in Medical First; Bioethics Center Warns It Could Cause Harm
- Midterm Elections: White Evangelicals Boost Republicans, Who Gain in Senate, but Lose House
- Sheila Walsh Opens Up About Depression, Says Church Must 'Wake Up' to 'Epidemic' Among Pastors
- Was Jesus a Nazirite?
- Teaching Intersectionality in Polarized Culture Leads to Anti-White, Anti-Male Sentiments, NYU Prof Says
- Abortion Doulas: Turning Language on Its Head
- Boko Haram Had No Idea That Burning One Young Man's Village Would Make Him a Christian
- My Salvation Experience — The Day I Met God
- The Peace of God Passes All Understanding
- Sacred: When God's Punishment Seems Too Severe For the Crime
- TobyMac Admits 'I Can't Do Much Without God,' Offers Powerful Advice to College Students