In an exclusive interview with ChristianExaminer.com, First Baptist Church in Houston Pastor Gregg Matte said pastors were gathering to pray for each other and the community before a religious liberty issue erupted with the City of Houston. But he said when he and other ministers set to attend the ...
Kathie Platt and Vanessa Garcia Rodriguez
Other articles by Kathie Platt and Vanessa Garcia Rodriguez
U.S. Senator Ted Cruz held a quickly arranged press conference at 11:15 this morning at Houston\'s First Baptist Church to address his concerns about the city\'s recent subpoena requiring a number of local pastors to submit sermons and notes related to homosexuality and gender identity. The ...
- Should churches comply with California's ban on singing?
- Jailed pastor's son 'bludgeoned' with baton, detained by Vietnamese police amid US ambassador's visit
- Abortions in Indiana fell by 5% in 2019: gov't report
- Calif. issues ban on singing in churches amid ongoing pandemic
- 'Uncertain and unsettling': China approves controversial Hong Kong security law
- Most US Christians uncomfortable with returning to church: survey
- Spike in violence, profanity on TV shows rated OK for kids
- Bioethics panel: Why ignoring ethics yields horrors, abuses; media deceives about human costs
- Christians risk arrest if they display Bible in Saudi Arabia, persecution watchdog group warns
- Russell Moore warns Christians face spiritual warfare 'all the time;' identifies 2 ways Satan attacks