The Nassau County School Board which had banned a Yulee High School student from saying \"God bless America\" during morning announcements has reversed itself and now says the phrase is protected free speech.
Other articles by Dwayne Hastings
State judges in California can no longer participate in the Boy Scouts of America because of its restrictions on who can serve as an adult leader.The state\'s Supreme Court\'s Jan. 23 vote effectively prohibits judges from affiliating with the Boy Scouts because the organization does not allow gay ...
The Massachusetts doctor who was one of a handful of Americans to contract the deadly Ebola virus last year returned to the mission field this week, six months after he was medically evacuated from Liberia.
A Houston area pastor and wife share their story of infertility, embryo adoption, and the birth of a son to highlight an \"adoption alternative\" which they said gives \"leftover\" embryos a chance for life. Churches in the United States have celebrated the third Sunday in January as Sanctity of ...
The government announced in early December that federal contractors may no longer discriminate in the workplace on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
A well-known atheist organization trolling for support within a USA Today publication intended to reach members of the military, promised a fight to stop \"proselytizing by chaplains\" and \"[B]ible-peddling by superior officers.\"
The lie of a colorblind society is perhaps nowhere more evident than it is in the Christmas season.Crèches are populated with white baby Jesus figures in homes across America and pale-skinned angels watch from on high (actually from their not-so-high perch on the little wooden structures).In most ...
Rarely does a company choose to use a re-creation of a wartime event in its advertisements, much less in its Christmas marketing spots.Yet that is just what a British grocer did this year, and modern-day soldiers will benefit from the promotion.Sainsbury\'s, the third largest supermarket chain in ...
When State Senator Rick Jones learned the Detroit chapter of the Satanist Temple was the only group to petition successfully for a holiday display at the state\'s capitol, he committed to place a nativity scene featuring the baby Jesus, Joseph and Mary in the designated area.
- Should churches comply with California's ban on singing?
- Jailed pastor's son 'bludgeoned' with baton, detained by Vietnamese police amid US ambassador's visit
- Abortions in Indiana fell by 5% in 2019: gov't report
- Calif. issues ban on singing in churches amid ongoing pandemic
- 'Uncertain and unsettling': China approves controversial Hong Kong security law
- Most US Christians uncomfortable with returning to church: survey
- Spike in violence, profanity on TV shows rated OK for kids
- Bioethics panel: Why ignoring ethics yields horrors, abuses; media deceives about human costs
- Christians risk arrest if they display Bible in Saudi Arabia, persecution watchdog group warns
- Russell Moore warns Christians face spiritual warfare 'all the time;' identifies 2 ways Satan attacks