Which would you remove?
Other articles by Charles Williams
Have you grown deeper by reading any of these intellectual books? Will this free slideshow report add new influential books to your reading list?
Theologian and thinker Francis A. Shaeffer published this major book in 1976 as a reflection upon society's state of affairs while presenting the need for affirmation of a Christian ethic and Biblical morals in culture.
God in the Dock is comprised of Lewis' essays posthumously collected addressing theology, ethis, religion, spirituality and thought and expressing his profoundly Christian observations and insights as one of the greatest Christian thinkers of our time.
J. I. Packer, in his classic work Knowing God, has greatly shaped Christian readers to know God more deeply by sharing about God and his attributes—his love, grace, majesty and wrath—and the benefits of an intimate relationship with him.
One of the most widely circulated and translated Christian titles other than the Bible itself, The Imitation is a devotional and religious classic written in the 1400s by an Augustinian monk which clarifies instructions for withdrawing from worldly vanities and seeking spiritual life.
Based on a series of Andrew Murray's sermons, this work provides a step-by-step challenge for readers to truly surrender life absolutely to God and to fully experience the fruits of the Holy Spirit and Christian liberty.
Martin Luther's writing in the 500 years since the Reformation has influenced far reaching spheres across Christianity, religion, democracies, economies and societies—and as he studied Galatians, as well as Romans, Hebrew, and Psalms, he developed the doctrine of justification by faith alone, by ...
Renowned German theologian Dietrich Bonhoeffer sustained a fellowship in an underground seminary during the Nazi years of Germany, and in Life Together, he recounts practical advice on how to sustain real Christian fellowship for families and groups.
The Hiding Place is Corrie ten Boom's account of helping Jews escape from the Nazi's. Her family perished in concentration camps and she was the only survivor—this book shines a light on the dark history of the time, about how faith ultimately overcomes evil.
- Should churches comply with California's ban on singing?
- Jailed pastor's son 'bludgeoned' with baton, detained by Vietnamese police amid US ambassador's visit
- Abortions in Indiana fell by 5% in 2019: gov't report
- Calif. issues ban on singing in churches amid ongoing pandemic
- 'Uncertain and unsettling': China approves controversial Hong Kong security law
- Most US Christians uncomfortable with returning to church: survey
- Spike in violence, profanity on TV shows rated OK for kids
- Bioethics panel: Why ignoring ethics yields horrors, abuses; media deceives about human costs
- Christians risk arrest if they display Bible in Saudi Arabia, persecution watchdog group warns
- Russell Moore warns Christians face spiritual warfare 'all the time;' identifies 2 ways Satan attacks