LOS ANGELES, Calif. (California Network) – A report has surfaced from a Syrian Christian refugee that claims soldiers of the Islamic State have invented a new way to kill Christian children – by feeding them through a dough kneading machine in an abandoned bakery.
The report was made by Alice Assaf, whose own son was executed by ISIS two years ago because he refused to take on a Muslim name. He told his mother he would not deny his faith just before he was beaten and shot.
"I don't want to hide myself," Assaf's son, George, told her. "You are the one who taught me to follow what Christ said, 'Whoever denies me before men, I will also deny them before Heaven.'"
George might have escaped his fate, too. According to Assaf, she hid her son with a Muslim family, but they gave the boy up at the first sign of trouble.
Assaf told a non-profit group recently that ISIS had converted the bakery into an execution station. They fed Christian children through the machines for kneading dough, she said, crushing them to death. She also said they fired up the bakery's ovens and cooked several men alive.
ISIS has published several videos showing young boys among the men killed by the terror group. This is one of the first reports of a mass execution of Christian children in such a brutal fashion.
Assaf said some soldiers who were still trying to hold the town against ISIS launched a rescue mission to retrieve the children from the bakery, but when they did the militants began throwing children from balconies. The soldiers pulled back, only to have the executions continue.
The account of children being killed in the bakery is only one account now surfacing as ISIS's territory inside of Syria contracts. Earlier this month, ISIS was pushed out of Dabiq, a town in northern Syria which is important to the group's eschatology – their philosophy of the end times. Their losses are also reportedly mounting.
Assaf said she was able to flee from her town and survive to become an advocate for those still suffering. She first told her story to Roads to Success, a non-profit human rights organization focusing on the Middle East.
- Children & teens execute Syrian soldiers at Palmyra
- SICK: New ISIS video shows terrorists blowing up captives
- ISIS leader: Don't stop execution videos, but tone them down
- 20,000 Yazidis Taken to Safety as US Launches More Airstrikes in Iraq; Lebanese Patriarch Calls for Protection of Christians
- Extermination of Christians is 'genocide,' religious leaders say
- Amazon-sold ISIS magazine included theological justification for torture of Yazidi children
- UN on ISIS: 'Heads on spikes,' children on crosses, child rape
- Jordan's Queen Rania on ISIS: They 'hijacked Islam'