International Mission Board President David Platt denies he knowingly endorsed J.D. Greear for president of the Southern Baptist Convention, stating he was not aware Greear's request for a video clip was for the purpose of creating a campaign ad.
Will Hall/Baptist Message
Other articles by Will Hall/Baptist Message
Overseas baptisms for 2015 dropped to 54,762 from the 190,957 reported for 2014, according to information submitted by the International Mission Board in response to a request by the Southern Baptist Convention Executive Committee. Likewise, the number of new churches fell from 13,824 to 3,842 over ...
A provocative look at whether Russell Moore, the president of the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission, is the mouthpiece of the 16 million member Southern Baptist Convention, comprised of over 40,000 US-based churches, or whether the two could be at odds.
In a Jan. 14 press statement, the International Mission Board of the Southern Baptist Convention announced it was eliminating its Richmond Communications Center, firing 30 personnel and transferring another 10 to other positions.
A decade ago, it was difficult to see anything more than the devastation that accompanied Katrina as she swept across Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida. But looking back now, it\'s possible to see the triumph that emerged from the tragedy.
Will Hall, the editor of the Baptist Message in Louisiana, takes a look at the Great Commission Resurgence, five years after messengers to the Southern Baptist Convention meeting in Orlando, approved the sweeping initiative.
The new editor of the Louisiana state Baptist newspaper, the Baptist Message, takes a look at the actual numbers reported in the recent Pew report about Christianity in the United States and compares it to what is happening at Southern Baptist Convention affiliated churches.
- Should churches comply with California's ban on singing?
- Jailed pastor's son 'bludgeoned' with baton, detained by Vietnamese police amid US ambassador's visit
- Abortions in Indiana fell by 5% in 2019: gov't report
- Calif. issues ban on singing in churches amid ongoing pandemic
- 'Uncertain and unsettling': China approves controversial Hong Kong security law
- Most US Christians uncomfortable with returning to church: survey
- Spike in violence, profanity on TV shows rated OK for kids
- Bioethics panel: Why ignoring ethics yields horrors, abuses; media deceives about human costs
- Christians risk arrest if they display Bible in Saudi Arabia, persecution watchdog group warns
- Russell Moore warns Christians face spiritual warfare 'all the time;' identifies 2 ways Satan attacks