After a two-hour closed meeting, NAMB trustees voted unanimously to affirm a recommendation which said little more than it had concluded a review of "dealings" between the Mid-Atlantic Baptist Network and NAMB after being informed of potential interference by NAMB President Kevin Ezell.
Tammi Reed Ledbetter/TEXAN
Other articles by Tammi Reed Ledbetter/TEXAN
One of the featured speakers at the the first Evangelicals for Life Conference co-sponsored by the Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission (ERLC) and Focus on the Family on Jan. 21-22 in Washington, D.C. was Jim Daly, president of Focus on the Family.
Southern Baptists have their own version of an October surprise—those last-minute issues that make politicians anxious prior to a November election—only their is in May, preceding their annual meeting. This year\'s May surprise is apparently the Southern Baptist Convention\'s International Mission ...
Texas governor vows to keep America the 'freest, strongest, most God-fearing, God-believing nation in the history of the world'
In order to return America to the religious principles on which the country was founded, Christians must unite \"as a hedge against the forces of evil,\" Texas Governor Greg Abbott declared last month to members of the Southern Baptists of Texas Convention Executive Board.
- Should churches comply with California's ban on singing?
- Jailed pastor's son 'bludgeoned' with baton, detained by Vietnamese police amid US ambassador's visit
- Abortions in Indiana fell by 5% in 2019: gov't report
- Calif. issues ban on singing in churches amid ongoing pandemic
- 'Uncertain and unsettling': China approves controversial Hong Kong security law
- Most US Christians uncomfortable with returning to church: survey
- Spike in violence, profanity on TV shows rated OK for kids
- Bioethics panel: Why ignoring ethics yields horrors, abuses; media deceives about human costs
- Christians risk arrest if they display Bible in Saudi Arabia, persecution watchdog group warns
- Russell Moore warns Christians face spiritual warfare 'all the time;' identifies 2 ways Satan attacks