Christians who suffer during natural and human disasters value thoughts and prayers from religious strangers, while atheists and agnostics believe they are made worse off by such gestures, a new study led by a University of Wyoming economist shows.
Other articles by Leonardo Blair
America is facing a significant shortage of highly educated "economically attractive" unmarried men who earn at least $53,000 and have a college degree. And the situation could result in unmarried women remaining unmarried or marrying less well-suited partners, a study says.
Pastor Jarrid Wilson took his life hours after officiating funeral of Christian woman who took her own
Hours before he would take his own life on the eve of World Suicide Prevention Day Monday night, Pastor Jarrid Wilson, 30, asked for prayers as he got ready to officiate the funeral of a Christian woman who had earlier taken her own.
Americans with a high level of religious knowledge have a warmer view of Jews, Catholics, mainline Protestants and Buddhists than they have of evangelical Christians and are least warm to Muslims and atheists, according to a new study from the Pew Research Center.
With more than 800,000 followers on Facebook, Chicago-based internet preacher and U.S. Army veteran, Marcus Rogers, has an audience on social media that's much greater than popular established churches like Rick Warren's Saddleback Church, and is just about 300,000 shy of Joel Osteen's Texas-based ...
A former pastor who struggled with lack and car trouble promised God he would help others that found themselves in his situation once he was in a better place. He's now helping vulnerable women with free auto repair services and cars.
The student government of Trinity University, a private liberal arts college in Texas affiliated with the Presbyterian Church, has voted unanimously to ban food from fast-food restaurant chain Chick-fil-A for their record on LGBT issues.
For the first time in 14 years, the Roman Catholic Church has opened up its annual exorcism class in Rome to all major Christian faiths in a bid to stem the rising tide of demonic forces around the world.
Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp angered abortion supporters Tuesday when he signed a billinto law that bans abortion once a fetal heartbeat has been detected and recognizes fetuses as natural persons.
Dave Gass, a former megachurch pastor who most recently led Grace Family Fellowship in Pleasant Hill, Missouri, has renounced his Christian faith as a system rife with abuse that caused him "mental and emotional breaks."
- Should churches comply with California's ban on singing?
- Jailed pastor's son 'bludgeoned' with baton, detained by Vietnamese police amid US ambassador's visit
- Abortions in Indiana fell by 5% in 2019: gov't report
- Calif. issues ban on singing in churches amid ongoing pandemic
- 'Uncertain and unsettling': China approves controversial Hong Kong security law
- Most US Christians uncomfortable with returning to church: survey
- Spike in violence, profanity on TV shows rated OK for kids
- Bioethics panel: Why ignoring ethics yields horrors, abuses; media deceives about human costs
- Christians risk arrest if they display Bible in Saudi Arabia, persecution watchdog group warns
- Russell Moore warns Christians face spiritual warfare 'all the time;' identifies 2 ways Satan attacks