A churchgoing family who faced unimaginable tragedy just before Thanksgiving when mom Donna Lynn Murphy Crews, 41, and her daughter, Kaelyn Scelesta Crews, 10, were killed in a car accident, are the focus of a fundraising effort.
Joni B. Hannigan
Other articles by Joni B. Hannigan
While America burned at the hands of disgruntled, whiny young people who rioted in the streets this Veteran's Day weekend (if you believe the news), I had the opportunity to run into great pockets of resistance who were doing nothing of the sort. In this commentary, Christian Examiner's executive ...
Evangelicals at the precipice of reaching their communities for Christ "may or may not be the moral majority in America" anymore, but still their leaders should respect their voices says John Cross, pastor of the 3,000 member South Biscayne Church in Florida. Cross never wavered from leading his ...
In just over three minutes you can compare the platform values of the Democrats and Republicans without the usual mud-slinging and personality driven rhetoric that has characterized the 2016 presidential election cycle.
In a startling turn around late last month, prominent evangelical theologian Wayne Grudem — once slammed for supporting Republican nominee Donald Trump for president and then dumping him over allegations of sexual impropriety —abruptly announced yet another change of heart weeks before the ...
Legendary Christian artist Amy Grant —the woman who was credited with putting contemporary Christian music on the map—is known for firsts. This time the first wasn't one she could have anticipated. For the first time in recent history, LifeWay Christian Stores has refused to carry her new album.
A plane carrying Indiana Gov. Mike Pence, the GOP nominee for president, skidded off a runway at New York's LaGuardia airport tonight after a "hard landing," according to a live report by CNN's Elizabeth Landers, who was on the plane.
Anita Staver, a prominent attorney and president of the conservative religious freedom organization Liberty Counsel, solidified her position to stand by Trump today, joining with #WomenWhoVoteTrump on social media with her declaration: "#WomenWhoVoteTrump don't necessarily like @realDonaldTrump, ...
In a direct two-page letter posted to social media, Jack Graham, pastor of Prestonwood Baptist Church in Metropolitan Dallas, said the "bright, bold Christian leaders who care deeply about the glory of God and our nation," have spoken "frankly and freely" to Trump and have posed questions to him ...
Florida Gov. Rick Scott visited morning worship at First Baptist Church in Jacksonville Oct. 9 following Hurricane Matthew. He assured congregants he was working with officials to get power restored to all parts of the state as soon as possible. Later, he also took time to recognize two faith-based ...
- Should churches comply with California's ban on singing?
- Jailed pastor's son 'bludgeoned' with baton, detained by Vietnamese police amid US ambassador's visit
- Abortions in Indiana fell by 5% in 2019: gov't report
- Calif. issues ban on singing in churches amid ongoing pandemic
- 'Uncertain and unsettling': China approves controversial Hong Kong security law
- Most US Christians uncomfortable with returning to church: survey
- Spike in violence, profanity on TV shows rated OK for kids
- Bioethics panel: Why ignoring ethics yields horrors, abuses; media deceives about human costs
- Christians risk arrest if they display Bible in Saudi Arabia, persecution watchdog group warns
- Russell Moore warns Christians face spiritual warfare 'all the time;' identifies 2 ways Satan attacks