Dr. Eric Mitchell takes readers on a journey to the first century synagogues likely frequented by Jesus as he taught and worked miracles. One, in Magdala, the hometown of Mary Magdalene, is remarkably well preserved.
Dr. Eric Mitchell
Other articles by Dr. Eric Mitchell
Next to the biblical accounts of Jesus, the account of David taking on the Philistine giant Goliath in battle is probably among the best known of Bible stories. Learned by childen in Sunday Schools everywhere, it reminds readers that God uses unexpected heroes, including a shepherd, to lead his ...
Before he met a shepherd boy in battle, the giant Goliath called Gath home. The Philistine city made repeated appearances in the Bible until the time Israel began to lose its independence to the great empires of the Ancient Near East.
Joshua didn't conquer Gezer, but it fell to the Egyptians during the reign of Solomon, who married the pharaoh's daughter. Dr. Eric Mitchell's journal entry explains the importance of this Old Testament city.
Dr. Eric Mitchell's journal of his archaeological research in Cyprus provides insight into the biblical personalities of Paul, Barnabas and John Mark, along with a good dose of history on the expansion of the Christian faith among the Gentiles.
- Should churches comply with California's ban on singing?
- Jailed pastor's son 'bludgeoned' with baton, detained by Vietnamese police amid US ambassador's visit
- Abortions in Indiana fell by 5% in 2019: gov't report
- Calif. issues ban on singing in churches amid ongoing pandemic
- 'Uncertain and unsettling': China approves controversial Hong Kong security law
- Most US Christians uncomfortable with returning to church: survey
- Spike in violence, profanity on TV shows rated OK for kids
- Bioethics panel: Why ignoring ethics yields horrors, abuses; media deceives about human costs
- Christians risk arrest if they display Bible in Saudi Arabia, persecution watchdog group warns
- Russell Moore warns Christians face spiritual warfare 'all the time;' identifies 2 ways Satan attacks