The shooting of 18-year-old African American Michael Brown by Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson on Aug. 9 ignited racial tensions and weeks of sometimes violent protests in Ferguson, Mo., earlier this fall. But Stoney Shaw, pastor of the local First Baptist Church, never imagined that ...
Other articles by Ben Hawkins
WednesdayFebruary 08, 2023
- Should churches comply with California's ban on singing?
- Jailed pastor's son 'bludgeoned' with baton, detained by Vietnamese police amid US ambassador's visit
- Abortions in Indiana fell by 5% in 2019: gov't report
- Calif. issues ban on singing in churches amid ongoing pandemic
- 'Uncertain and unsettling': China approves controversial Hong Kong security law
- Most US Christians uncomfortable with returning to church: survey
- Spike in violence, profanity on TV shows rated OK for kids
- Bioethics panel: Why ignoring ethics yields horrors, abuses; media deceives about human costs
- Christians risk arrest if they display Bible in Saudi Arabia, persecution watchdog group warns
- Russell Moore warns Christians face spiritual warfare 'all the time;' identifies 2 ways Satan attacks