WASHINGTON (Christian Examiner) — The nation was forced to endure yet more pious prattling from President Obama this week who spent time berating Americans who are worried about Islamic jihadists hell-bent on blowing us all to kingdom come.
"When individuals say that we should have a religious test and that only Christians – proven Christians should be admitted – that's offensive and contrary to American values, the president said – just one day after he called such behavior un-American.
What's offense and contrary to American values is refusing to properly investigate those wanting to come to our nation – especially those coming from regions that are hotbeds of Islamic extremism.
But the president says such prudence only further enflames the Islamic jihadists.
Those of us who fear that Islamic radicals might be lurking among the refugees have been called
every name in the book: bigots, Islamophobes and un-American.
But the cold hard reality is that Protestants, Catholics and Jews aren't the ones beheading people.
"We don't have religious tests to our compassion," he told journalists from high atop his soapbox.
But that's not entirely accurate.
Last year, the Obama administration led a fierce legal battle to have a German Christian family thrown out of the United States.
Todd Starnes is host of Fox News & Commentary, heard on hundreds of radio stations. His latest book is "God Less America: Real Stories From the Front Lines of the Attack on Traditional Values." Follow Todd on Twitter@ToddStarnes and find him on Facebook.
- It's a Starbucks coffee cup, America, not the Holy Grail
- High school quarterback penalized for thanking God
- The day Christians were martyred on American soil
- Kim Davis: They Called Me Hitler
- Office Depot apologizes for refusing to print pro-life prayer
- Marching band forbidden from performing 'How Great Thou Art'
- Todd Starnes: Crowd mocks pistol-whipped cop
- Franklin Graham: Christians should prepare for persecution