NEW YORK (Christian Examiner) — It's a hybrid of Islamic radicalism that even scares Al Qaeda.
The New York Times best-selling author Joel Rosenberg calls it "Apocalyptic Islam."
"Apocalyptic Islam doesn't want to simply attack us, it wants to annihilate us," Rosenberg told me during an interview broadcast on my podcast. "Apocalyptic Muslims like the leaders of Iran and the leaders of the Islamic State believe that we are living in the End Times and that it's their mission from Allah to bring about the end of the world as we know it."
- Oops! Iranian forces train to capture Al-Aqsa mosque, but ...
- Religious leaders condemn Paris attacks; Florida pastor calls for 'courageous Christians'
- NO SURPRISE: Iran launches new terror group – in Israel's backyard
- ISIS to Palestinians: Keep killing Jews, 'the sons of apes and pigs'
- Blood on the streets: Israel facing new 'wave of terror'
- Netanyahu demonstrates 'deafening silence' of world on Iran
Rosenberg describes Apocalyptic Islam as a subset of Radical Islam.
"We're not talking about 1.6 billion Muslims," he said. "We're talking about ten percent or less who are radicals."
But ten percent of 1.6 billion is still a mighty big number – and they want to destroy Christians, Jews anyone else they consider to be an infidel.
Todd Starnes is host of Fox News & Commentary, heard on hundreds of radio stations. Sign up for his American Dispatch newsletter, be sure to join his Facebook page, and follow him onTwitter. His latest book is "God Less America."