ARLINGTON, Va. (Christian Examiner) – A new four-minute animated video that describes the gruesome details of a second-trimester abortion has gone viral, and it's changing hearts and minds.
Produced by the pro-life group Live Action, the video has received more than 10 million combined views on Facebook and YouTube since its Feb. 23 release, as it shows a former abortion doctor – who is now pro-life – speaking into the camera and explaining the abortion procedure in everyday language.
That former abortion doctor, Anthony Levatino, performed more than 1,200 abortions before he had a change of heart.
"One day, after completing one of those abortions, I looked at the remains of a pre-born child whose life I had ended, and all I could see was someone's son or daughter," he tells the camera before acknowledging that what he had been doing "was wrong."
The video isn't as graphic as witnessing an actual abortion, although the animation and description doesn't spare any details, either. Levatino shows the instruments that are used during an abortion.
"The abortionist uses this instrument to grasp an arm or leg," Levatino says.
He describes how the baby is pulled apart in the womb, limb by limb, and then "reassembled" on a table, like a jigsaw puzzle, so as to make sure no parts were left in the womb.
Lila Rose, president of Live Action, called the video a "game changer."
"After years of investigating the abortion industry, one of the most common responses I hear to our work is, 'I never realized that's what happens during an abortion,'" Rose said in a press release. "Perpetuating ignorance is how the abortion industry stays in business. Today, we are lifting the veil and providing a window to the womb - during an abortion."
The video has received more than 23,000 comments on Facebook, including from some people who are having second thoughts about their beliefs.
"I'm prochoice and this is ... horrifying," one comment read. "... My entire view has been called into question. It's so easy to say you're [pro] choice when you don't have to look at what that means."
For more information, visit AbortionProcedures.com.
- Florida appeals court says OK to 24-hour wait for abortion
- Girl Scouts in troubling 'conflict' with Catholic values, leader says
- Pro-family groups pepper Trump with 8 'tough questions'
- Viagra plays into proposed 'informed consent' law
- COMMENTARY: Scalia slams socialism as 'death to Christian virtue'
- NARAL blasts Doritos ad for 'humanizing fetuses,' gets mocked on Twitter
- Fired for being pro-life?
- Pastors urge DA in Planned Parenthood video case to dismiss charges
- Clinton, Sanders call for tax-funded abortions
- Video producers accuse Planned Parenthood of filing frivolous lawsuit
- REVIEW: Baby feet in jars? Gosnell abortion tragedy covered in new documentary, '3801 Lancaster'