More than 60 confirmed dead in trio of bloody ISIS terrorist attacks

by Vanessa Garcia Rodriguez |

(REUTERS/Stringer)Police carry a victim out of the Shi'ite Imam al-Sadeq Mosque in the Al Sawaber area of Kuwait City, after a bomb explosion, June 26, 2015. A suicide bomber killed 25 people when he blew himself up inside the packed Shi'ite Muslim mosque in Kuwait city during Friday prayers, the interior ministry said, the first attack of its kind in the major oil-exporting country. The Islamic State militant group claimed responsibility for the attack, which also wounded 202 people according to the interior ministry, in the district of Sawaber in the eastern part of the Kuwaiti capital.

FRANCE (Christian Examiner) -- At trio of deadly terror attacks in France, Tunisia and Kuwait killed more than 60 people Friday and injured hundreds more. Though the attacks are reportedly unconnected, all three bloody assaults are considered to have occurred in response to an ISIS issued call for "calamity for the infidels" by its followers in honor of the Muslim's holy month of Ramadan -- the most deadly a blast inside a Kuwait City mosque.

FRANCE

The near simultaneous wave of bloodshed began in south east France after the decapitated body of a factory manager was found at a U.S. owned industrial gas company. According to Reuters, the 54-year-old victim's head was discovered hanging from a fence after an employee drove his delivery truck into a warehouse that set off an explosion.

Police arrested 35 year-old Yassin Salhi within minutes as he tried to set of additional flammable containers. The Guardian reported four suspected accomplices were also being held including the suspects' wife and sister.

Salhi was reportedly under surveillance for "radical islamic activities" since 2006 and was investigated between 2011 and 2014 for connections to salafist groups.

Both the head and body were reported to be covered with arabic writings. Two flags with Islamist inscriptions were also found at the site the Paris public prosecutor Francois Molins said at a news conference.

As of Friday at 4 p.m. the attack was not confirmed in connection with the ISIS. It is however the second terrorist-type on French soil this year. In January, 17 people died during a terrorist attack on the satirical news paper Charlie Hebdo which was followed by a shooting at a Jewish market.

SOUSSE

At least one gunman opened fire on the beach at a Tunisian hotel in Sousse where tourists vacationed at a popular resort town. Early reports indicate 38 people died including at least five from Britain as well as others from Ireland, Germany and Belgium. At least 36 more were confirmed injured by the Tunisia health ministry near 1:15 on Friday.

Reuters reported police shot and killed one attacker, but another remained on the loose.

The news source reported a senior interior ministry official identified the dead gunman as, Saifeddine Rezgui, 23. He was reportedly an electrical engineering student with no known ties to any watchlist of potential jihadists.

An Irish tourist identified as "Anthony" told the news source the terrorist, "started on the beach and went to the (hotel) lobby, killing in cold blood."

Rafik Chelli, a senior interior ministry official, said the gunman killed was a student, unknown to authorities and not on any watchlist of potential jihadists.

The massacre marks the second this year in Tunisia. Previously, an Islamist gunmen killed 21 foreigners visiting the Tunis Bardo museum.

KUWAIT

Friday afternoon, Fox News reported the third attack after Shia muslims participated in midday prayers at the Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque located in downtown Kuwait City.

The Kuwait News Agency (KUNA) reported the blast killed 27 people and wounded more than 227 more. The official state agency, also reported that the ministry mobilized within 15 minutes of the suicide bombing, which was the first terrorist attack in Kuwait in more than two decades.

ISIS affiliate, Najd Province, claimed responsibility for the deadly explosion in which one witness stated a man walked into the Mosque and stood with congregants as he detonated his device. The same group was also responsible for recent attacks on Shia mosques in Saudi Arabia.