BARTLESVILLE, Okla. (Christian Examiner) — A chapel sermon on love left a student at Oklahoma Wesleyan University feeling "offended" and "victimized."
But instead of capitulating to the offended young scholar, OWU President Everett Piper pushed back with a blistering rebuke of what he called "self-absorbed and narcissistic" students.
"This is not a day care. This is a university," he wrote in a blog that has since gone viral.
Back home in Tennessee, we call that a "Come to Jesus" moment.
"Our culture has actually taught our kids to be this self-absorbed and narcissistic," he wrote. "Any time their feelings are hurt, they are victims! Anyone who dares challenge them and, thus, makes them 'feel bad' about themselves, is a 'hater,' a 'bigot,' an 'oppressor,' and a 'victimizer.'"
Oh behalf of a grateful nation, I say, thank you, Dr. Piper.
Todd Starnes is host of Fox News & Commentary, heard on hundreds of radio stations. His latest book is "God Less America: Real Stories From the Front Lines of the Attack on Traditional Values." Follow Todd on Twitter@ToddStarnes and find him on Facebook.
- VA Christmas tree ban causes Yuletide uprising
- Todd Starnes: Obama is importing Muslims, deporting Christians
- It's a Starbucks coffee cup, America, not the Holy Grail
- High school quarterback penalized for thanking God
- EXCLUSIVE: Football coach says he will defy school's prayer ban
- The day Christians were martyred on American soil
- Huckabee: President Obama is Disrespecting the Pope
- Kim Davis: They Called Me Hitler