|Events may be submitted by:
Click here to go to our online submission form
Christian Examiner • P.O. Box 2606, El Cajon, CA 92021
The 18th of the prior month.
Events Calendar Policy
What is the policy of ads that qualify for the calendar or regular events?
The Christian Examiner publishes Christian events free of charge in our monthly “events calendar & community briefs” section. Because of the growing popularity of this public service, it is necessary for us to adhere to certain guidelines due to space limitations. We recognize that, due to space, certain quality community events cannot be accepted.
(1) Events must be of an evangelical Christian nature or sponsored by an evangelical Church or Christian non-profit organization.
(2) Local church events should be specifically for the public at large, and not primarily for regular attendees. For regular meetings, they should also be for the public at large and not primarily for regular attendees. They should not be held during regular church services.
What calendar items would not be used in the FREE calendar?
The publisher reserves the right to refuse any announcement for any reason, including:
(1) All Sunday morning church services, even for special speakers and/or guest musicians.
(2) Any local church regularly scheduled activity that appears to be primarily geared to the local congregation, even though visitors are obviously welcome. For example, weekly Bible studies for youth, singles, etc. Exceptions: special non-repeating events (e.g., concert, special speaker, seminar, etc.) in lieu of the regularly scheduled meeting will usually be accepted. Also, we will consider a multi-week series on a special subject (e.g., six-week series on divorce recovery with a guest speaker). However, in these cases, we may choose to only include the first meeting with a reference that it continues weekly through a certain date.
(3) Secular events, not directly connected to any Christian organization, will generally not be accepted.
(4) Events that appear to be primarily commercial or profit-driven in nature, even though they may be Christian-based, generally may not qualify for the free calendar.
What are the limitations for regular meetings section in the print edition?
Regular meetings are support-type groups designed to help in the spiritual development of Christians and non-Christians. (See #2 in the section above for a more detailed definition)
Where can regular Bible studies that are church sponsored be listed?
Local church regularly scheduled Bible studies that appears to be primarily geared to the local congregation, for example, weekly Bible studies for youth, singles, etc. can be listed on the web edition of the Christian Examiner.
How can I guarantee my calendar items be listed?
The only way you can guarantee that your items will be listed is to purchase a display or classified ad. The calendar and on-going meetings listing are a FREE service and therefore limited by space. The paper is supported by advertising which enables us to provide this FREE community service. If you would like display advertising or classified information call (619) 668-5100.